Monday, August 18, 2008

Veggies of our Labor

We learned a lot this year about how to make our garden better next year. And we got some yummy stuff: a few radishes, lots and lots of peas (we ate them over the last few weeks before we got a photo), some small onions, plenty of spinach, zucchini, small carrots (we didn't thin them out...), and demented carrots (haha).
We're still waiting for our tomatoes to turn red, for more zucchini and squash, cucumbers, and peppers. Mmmm....

I'm nervous it is getting too cool too quickly. I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but I want it to be hotter for a few more weeks so that more can grow quickly. There's a short growing season out here! (Too bad none of the tomatoes are ready before Sam leaves.)

And we're making apricot stuff up the wazoo! We made about 18 pints of syrup yesterday...and we still have 2 buckets of apricots!!

No comments: