For Jess's bridal shower about a month ago, I put together a Honeymoon Survival Kit that I saw someone else give my cousin earlier this year. This gift is fun enough to make all the guests smile and sometimes laugh, and just risque enough to make the bride blush. But it's worth it (isn't it, Jess?). Even Jess's grandma told me how glad she was that I put something like that together.
So, here's a list of the goods that could be included in such a Honeymoon Survival Kit
- Bubble bath
- Energy drinks
- Green M&Ms (or a note on a bag of M&Ms with instructions to consume only the green ones)
- Strobe light (or night light; with note stating: Groom wants lights on, Bride wants lights off--here's your first compromise)
- Sleeping mask
- Caffine pills or "No Dose"
- Fun and/or naughty lingerie (for her and/or him)
- Hand towels
- Chocolate sauce with paint brushes
- Energy/power bars
- KY jelly or flavored packets
- A romantic mini-box game available in most book stores (got one at Barnes & Noble near their cash registers)
- Instrumental CD (I got one called "Spanish Guitar: Amor." Soo romantic, I'm sure)
- Contraceptive(s) of your choice
- Pregnancy test
- Tea light candles
- Breath mints
- And last minute (very last minute), I threw in a package of bubble wrap (yes, bubble wrap) and tied a feather to it, just to stir the imagination a bit, ya know? This is the most hilarious part. I still laugh about it.
- Of course, possibilities are endless, and more fun if it is a group gift.
With Sam's help, I also wrote a little "warning/disclaimer" paragraph that I tied to the package. It's a little lengthy (and perhaps not quite "PG" rated for the blog), but it was hilarious. (If you want a copy of it, let me know.)
It was fun to put together. I asked a few people for ideas on what to put in it, but BEWARE if you do so. I got some shocking responses that I decided to ignore; they made me blush. I'll stay in my own little bubble, thank you very much.
5 comments:
This would also make an awesome anniversary gift, either for a friend or a spouse. I've done a honeymoon kit before, but wasn't nearly this creative. Fun idea!
Bwa ha ha! The pregnancy test. That's awesome.
ps - I have to share this - this reminds me of when I gave edible massage oil to my sweet (innocent) cousin at her bridal shower. she looked up with a confused look on her face and went, "edible?? why edible??"
That is so fun!! could be for an anniversary too! btw, i would love to have the warning part of it in case I decide to put one together for someone. my email is onenjen@yahoo.com. I love it, cute idea!
This was a really fun gift to get! :) I was definitely laughing and blushing (all my aunts, grandmas, and mom were there). Everyone thought it was hilarious though--my new sister-in-law already stole the strobe light idea for a bridal shower she went to. Thanks Mel for spicing things up! (Hey, there's a possible off-the-wall addition: some spices!) ;)
Post a Comment