Sunday, October 17, 2010

For Simplicity's Sake

Sam was asked to speak in church today on Pres. Uchtdorf's latest general conference talk, entitled Of Things That Matter Most. It's a perfect reminder to reflect on the balance of things in your life.

Just a few days ago we took a short-but-sweet road trip with Sam's sisters down to southern Utah to see a show at Tuachan and to visit Sam's grandparents. As I look at the photos of the trip (thanks for remembering your camera, Eliza...), I'm reminded of the simple joys surrounding us.

Things like:

Powdered doughnuts and loving Aunties,


park time,

feeding unabashed fowls,


family (and, yes, that's a feather in Winston's hair),

and great food, to name a few.


Here's to a week of calm, Autumn-promising weather, and time to focus on re-balancing (and maybe un-balancing) in order to find a more perfect balance of the things that really do matter most.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I do remember meeting you, but since we were in the whirlwind of packing and moving, I only remembered your face and name once I saw your blog (it was more of an ah-ha moment for me). Enjoy the brownies!