Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cider and Snow Storms

Cold weather brings snow around here, and along with that comes hot cider. Mmm, mmm, mmm! The pre-snow weather was perfect for a little "cider and home-made doughnuts" neighborhood social we hosted on Sunday evening. It was like a fond farewell to the above-normal autumn temperatures we've had this year, and a whoa-hello!-welcome to the blanket of snow that surprised us Monday morning.

What else is new around these parts?
New favorite recipe: Chicken Tikka Masala (from India).



Bargain vases from Target dollar section (and cheapo dollar store mums).


New (and much, much larger) mirror (40% off at IKEA...wahoo!) and cabinet in bathroom.

(Before the cabinet and mirror.)

No, he's not new, but his wardrobe is (he's growing like a weed!). And he SPEAKS--that's new!

Winston can now say many words (or at least make sounds that I can differentiate), including:
- baaw (ball)
- papa (papa)
- ahpo (apple)
- aho (ajo..."garlic" in Spanish)
- aye (hi)
- oho (ojo..."eye" in Spanish)
- ayepa (diaper)
- baa (bath)
- ooh ooh ooh (ooh ooh ooh...like a monkey)
- uh. oh. (uh oh)
- hah hah hah (panting like a dog; he also "sniffs" like a bunny as one of his books teaches him)
- buh ba (bye bye)
- bu (book)
- boo (boo...like peek-a-boo)
- upa (up)
- ooah (uva..."grape" in Spanish)
- mama (mama)

For everything else he goes "eh?" until I guess what it is he wants and then he smiles and laughs "ahaha!" If you don't guess right, he keeps saying, "eh?" and looking at you like, "why haven't you figured it out yet?" He's a keeper, that's for sure. :)

What new things is this butting-in-winter bringing your way?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww, I love it! That little boy of yours really is getting big! I'm enjoying pulling out the sweaters and jackets and warm blankets. I also will start, again, quilting my quilt I've been working on for the last 10 years. It's a cool weather thing, I guess.

Merrilee said...

How did the donuts turn out?