Well, tonight I am glad that I have kept a few things.
For Halloween this year, I borrowed a dragon costume for Little Dude and thought Sam could go as a knight and I could go as a princess. I figured it would be easy as I have a few formal dresses I can choose from leftover from high school dances.
I opened the closet to pick one and noticed my bridesmaid dress from my brother Jason's wedding in 1997. 13 years ago. I put it over my clothes and ran out to show Sam, totally not expecting it to fit, but to make Sam laugh.
Laugh he did.
Laugh I did.
And then Sam zipped it up.
It actually does fit (though I am a little bit taller and a little more curvy now than I was when I was 12, go figure...no pun intended, honestly).
Check me out as a bridesmaid 13 years ago.
![]() |
| My oldest brother, Jason, and me (age 12) |
![]() |
| My oh my how styles change so quickly. Even my own wedding 5 1/2 years ago looks "out of style" compared to styles today. |
![]() |
| A damsel in distress with an oh-so-scary dragon, waiting for my knight in shining armor... |
So, I guess some things are worth keeping around all these years. If for nothing else, at least for a good laugh.




4 comments:
Love the costumes!
This is AWESOME! Love, love love it. Hope you guys have a happy Halloween!
I'm glad all my stuff came in handy. I can't believe it still fits. To tell you the truth, I never found what I really wanted for bridesmaid dresses. I'm glad they came in handy. I hope you keep it for sentimental reasons too-not just for a good laugh ;)
Seriously AWESOME! And honestly - PEACH! You all look great - love the little dragon
Post a Comment