I still can't believe he is two years old. We very much enjoy having him as part of our daily life. Here are some little snippets of our adorable toddler.
He's a sweet boy, who loves to be around people, particularly children older than him, who play with him. We have half a dozen little neighbors who love to come over when they see Winston outside. Winston looks for them every time. When he sees them from the window, he'll say, "Ooo! People! Vaya!" (vaya is how he says "let's go outside") He usually cries a little when they have to go home.
He hates to be told what to do, and hates when he can't do something, or something gets stuck and he can't fix it.
He's become more fond of his little stuffed friends--the green cabbage patch turtle doll and the two monkeys; he'll cuddle them as he falls asleep and gives them hugs and kisses in the morning before leaving his crib.
I overheard a few ladies at our church comment on how Winston is the favorite in nursery. I don't know if his little peers think the same thing...
Everywhere we go people comment on how cute he is, particularly pointing out his hair and eyes and occasionally making some snide comment about how he looks nothing like me (what do you say to that?).
He's already looking like a California beach boy with tan skin and sun-bleached hair, due to all the time we spend outside. Today he cried in the car when it started raining. I had told him we'd go home and play outside. But when it rained, he pointed to the windshield and said "No, ain! Ah vaya." (basically, no, rain go away. I want to play outside)
He's 34 inches and 25 pounds, pretty small for his age. I thought he was taller, but he's only at 25th percentile in height.
He's a curious little one, always wanting to explore all around him. He never stays put for long. He loves to go out and about. He doesn't mind running errands, and only complains when I stop the shopping cart for too long to browse or to contemplate purchases.
He is becoming a little more picky about eating, but really enjoys some odd foods for a kid, like hummus, red peppers, beans (almost any kind), cucumbers, toast with honey.
He loves to have us read to him, but is picky about which books. I bring home about 12-16 every few weeks from the library, and he settles on 5-6 of those that he will let us read. He's also starting to sing along with songs, particularly this song (because of the movie RV with Robin Williams; he loves buses and trailors and RVs, and watched that movie many times over the course of a week or so). He will just start singing out of the blue, "Wah wah..." It's hilarious. I should grab a video of it...
I keep thinking Winston just couldn't get any more cute, but he continues to surprise me with something newer and cuter. We love him very much.
1 comment:
He is such a cutie!
Post a Comment