Monday, May 9, 2011

What is a Mother?

Here is a tribute to all you mothers out there. Happy Mother's Day (a day late...I know, I know).  (Thanks to Chelsey in my office for compiling it)

What is a Mother: 99 jobs of a mother throughout a child's lifetime

  1. Accountant
  2. Archive Coordinator
  3. Baker
  4. Banker
  5. Best Friend
  6. Bus Boy
  7. Butt Wiper
  8. Chauffeur
  9. Cheerleader
  10. Chef
  11. Cleanup Crew
  12. Coach Caregiver
  13. Consumer Protection Agent
  14. Coordinator
  15. Creditor
  16. Decorator
  17. Den Mother
  18. Designer
  19. Detective
  20. Dietician
  21. Director
  22. Dishwasher
  23. Dog Walker
  24. Driver Educator
  25. Easter Bunny
  26. Electrician
  27. Employee
  28. Employer
  29. Exterminator
  30. Facilitator
  31. Family Lawyer
  32. Fund Raiser
  33. Gamer
  34. Garbage Disposal
  35. Gardener
  36. Gift Wrapper
  37. Hair Dresser
  38. Handyman
  39. Hazmat
  40. Hostess
  41. Janitor
  42. Law Enforcer
  43. Librarian
  44. Lost And Found
  45. Magician
  46. Maid
  47. Manager
  48. Matchmaker
  49. Media Monitor
  50. Mediator
  51. Mentor
  52. Moral Advisor
  53. Mover
  54. Nail Technician
  55. Narrator
  56. Nose Wiper
  57. Nurse
  58. Organizer
  59. Paramedic/Emt
  60. Party Planner
  61. Personal Shopper
  62. Photographer
  63. Plumber
  64. Policy Administrator
  65. Preservationist
  66. Psychologist
  67. PTA
  68. Public Information Officer
  69. Publicist
  70. Realtor
  71. Referee
  72. Relationship Consultant
  73. Repairman
  74. Resource Conservationist
  75. Safety Educator
  76. Santa Claus
  77. Scribe
  78. Seamstress
  79. Search And Rescue
  80. Secretary
  81. Short Order Cook
  82. Social Worker
  83. Sociologist
  84. Speech Pathologist
  85. Spoiler
  86. Storage Administrator
  87. Teacher Stylist
  88. Technical Support
  89. Time Keeper
  90. Tooth Fairy
  91. Travel Agent
  92. Tutor
  93. Veterinarian
  94. Waitress
  95. Warden
  96. Wedding Planner
  97. Wet Nurse
  98. Young Adult Advisor
  99. Zookeeper

I'm sure we could add and add to the list. #s 39, 61, 85, & 99 are some of my tongue-in-cheek favorites. What is your favorite?

3 comments:

The Monson Family said...

I think my favs are 11, 29, 99! (All of them are SO true!)

Lisa said...

I like baker, chef, and short-order cook... because they are all very different, and very common of motherhood. But yes. I feel like a zoo keeper all the time.

Marie said...

Ha! Great list! So true!
I like Dietition, Lost and Found, Magician, Psychologist, and referee.