Friday, September 26, 2008

Baking Soda as Shampoo?

Over a month ago someone told me that baking soda makes a great shampoo. It's similar to lemon juice (for blondies) or vinegar--whereas you only use it to "deep clean" or to get rid of some buildup on the hair and scalp.

I use some sticky pomade-y stuff to make my hair stay, and it does build up--but I didn't notice until after I used the baking soda. Wow. Talk about cleansing. Just mix a small palm-full with some water and rub onto your scalp.

I have now started a habit of a baking soda hair wash every 3-4 weeks. Me likey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, really? I need to try that. I thought this looked really interesting, but I don't have the guts to put vinegar on my head just yet.

Jentry said...

Some people only use baking soda and then apple cider vinegar as a rinse. I'm trying to work up the courage.

Kristy said...

I'll have to try that. My hair could always use a deep clean! Cute family pictures on your other post!

Kristy