Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wishing You Enough

I received a forwarded email with a story about a mom saying goodbye to her daughter for the last time. The mom said, "I love you and wish you enough." The mother explained,
"When I said, 'I wish you enough,'I am wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them."

The guts of the email included this sweet, ever responsible hope.

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright, no matter how
gray the day may appear.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life
may appear bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."

Amen. I find it kind of fickle to wish someone anything more or less than "enough."

No comments: