Friday, September 5, 2008

Bull Frog Invasion

Doesn't this look like a squeaky rubber froggy toy?

It's real.
It's big.
It's slimy.
It's bumpy.
It's pretty cool looking.
It's one of the smaller ones.
It's invading the Duchesne & Roosevelt area.








I guess Fish & Game are concerned. It's eating all the little frogs that are native to the area. That must be why it's called a "bull" frog--it's a big bully! Sure, go ahead...pick on the little guys!

3 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

Woahhh. I've never seen a frog that big in person before. I guess I still haven't. But that is pretty cool looking. Are they loud at night?

Kristy said...

Okay, yuck. That is pretty gross. It's pretty cool to see a picture like that, but I'm glad to say I've never seen one looking like that in person. How did you catch it?

Kristy

Melanie said...

I actually haven't seen any other than this one. My coworker's grandson brought it in before giving it to the Fish and Game warden. That thing barely fit in a quart size mason jar! I don't really live "out in the country" or "down by the river" so they aren't really around me. But I wish I caught it!