Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

I just have to brag--I mean blog--about one of my favorite recipes. And there will probably be more posts to come with some other favorites. Mmm...good food...what could be better?

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

2 cans black beans (about 4 cups), rinsed and drained

1 can whole corn, drained

2 large tomatoes, chopped

1 avocado chopped

½ small red onion, chopped

2 fresh jalapeƱos, seeded and finely chopped

1 small can sliced black olives, drained (optional)

¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped or pureed* in blender

2 Tbs. olive oil

1 Tbs. red wine vinegar

3-4 Tbs. lemon juice

1 tsp. salt

½ tsp. pepper

Mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside. Combine all other ingredients and pour liquid mixture over and stir. Chill or serve immediately.

*To puree cilantro: add olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cilantro to blender. Puree until mixed well. Note: this will make the cilantro really tiny.


1 comment:

Amanda Fetters said...

Um, yum. I wish I had a huge bowl of this right now.