Monday, March 8, 2010

And Now It's Ours

That's it. We are now homeowners. Closing was....well...very anti-climatic. Just a bunch of signatures.

I'm amazed at how much of that legal jargon I actually understood, thanks to college classes and internships, and my master's thesis. I used to teach and counsel on first-time homebuyer stuff, so it has been nice to actually put all that know-how to use. I don't think I would have understood much of what the title company's agent was summarizing, if it weren't for those things.

I think one of the best resources on home-buying is this little guide called Keys to Homeownership by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, if you're interested.

And to spice up our apartment that is badly in need of de-winterization (welcome to you, Spring weather!), last week at  a conference, I was the one with the lucky program with a gold sticker. The gorgeous centerpiece was mine to take home. Don't we all love winning something?

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Yes, I love winning, even though it comes more rarely than I would like. :/ The centerpiece fits you!

Jessica G. said...

Oh, and of course, CONGRATS on the home! Can't wait to see it.

julie said...

Congratulations on your new home!!! Thats awesome! I can't wait to see pictures and see what you do with it.

Wendy and Chase said...

Congrats on your home purchase! I am glad to know that one day all my undergrad education might be beneficial to me when I buy a home. Does it make us major nerds that we actually read and understand financial paperwork that nobody else does AND we understand it AND we think it is interesting? Ha ha! By the way, your little boy is absolutely beautiful!!!

Jillian said...

Thanks for that link, I will have to read into it more :)