This is the bathroom. You can't really tell in the photo, but the wall is painted a light blue. Not really a baby blue, and not a sky blue but something similar.
Obviously the makeshift wood molding is not going to stay.
But what to put in its place? There's something like this from Ikea, but I want less cupboard and more mirror, ya know?
Then there's one like this, also from Ikea, but it may be too much mirror (tell me I'm not the only picky person...).
This countertop is quite long, and I'd like to have a long mirror, too, which might mean 2 of the above cabinets.
Anyway, the countertop is going to stay, at least for a little while. It kind of has white and blue-ish chips/sparkles in it.
Any paint color suggestions? I don't mind the light blue, per se, but it needs to be re-done. Bad paint job.
3 comments:
I would suggest a light, bright color in the bathroom. Like a light yellow. I think it would look surprisingly good with the dark countertops.
My vote is for the first cabinet you suggested, but I'd also keep looking around for a while. I'm not a big fan of the second cabinet, just because I don't prefer that style. but hey, it's your house! That's the joy of it all! You get to pick what you like.
I don't think there's really such a thing as too much mirror in a bathroom, but I'm with Lisa- I'd keep looking at options a little while longer.
Also, (and this is most likely over-thinking it) I'd go with a slightly warm color for the paint if possible because it will make your skin look prettier- like more of a buttercup than a lemony-yellow (if you like Lisa's yellow idea). That way you won't look like you're sick all the time. ;)
I like the first cabinet out of those two options.
Post a Comment