Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh, What Do You Do In the Summertime?

You know the song, right? It gets stuck in my head too frequently during the summer...

This week Sam has been MIA on a big backpacking/fishing trip with three of my brothers in the high Uinta mountains. I took the week off to play with my lonely sisters-in-law and their kidlings.

Unfortunately, Sam took the camera with him, so I have no illustrations, but we did such things as:
- Got some awesome deals on some badly-needed bermuda shorts from Kohl's (I LOVE Kohl's...I always find a great bargain there).
- Plenty of play-time with other kids in new homes and places.
- Played with water balloons and a slip-n-slide (Winston and I just observed).
- Toured Sweet Candy Factory and bought some yummy chocolate covered nuts.
- Had a picnic in Liberty Park and played in the splash pools. I wish every park had cool splash areas like those. And despite the recent oil spill incident near the area, it was just perfect; I didn't even see clean-up crews.
- Went to the zoo and saw Zuri, the baby elephant (awww...), and the new gorilla's first venture outside since his arrival to Hogle Zoo.

In between all that, I even got a few things checked off our list of things that needed done in the home. I now have a much bigger box of clothes to send to D.I., and can also walk into our office without tripping over unpacked boxes. I have some new paint colors to test out around our fireplace downstairs, and will probably need some input soon from y'all.

After days like these, I never want to go back to work. It's like going back to school after Spring Break. Bleh.

No comments: