Sunday, September 19, 2010

Maine, Part 2

State Capital. Really, the only thing photo-worthy in Augusta.

Some leaves starting to change. We'll probably miss the whole hillside of colors.

You can't really tell, but Winston is eating his shoe lace.

See the sign for the "chocolate church"? It's where people worship chocolate...

Not really, it's just the color of it--"chocolate." And it is now an arts center.



This reminds me of M.C. Esher's Relativity piece.
 

One reason why Maine is awesome. This sign is virtually everywhere.

Popham Beach in Phippsburg.

We could hardly get him away from the sand. He LOVED it.

If I ever have a dog, I want to name it after Phippsburg, Maine. I'll call him Phipps.

Because it was low tide, we could walk out to this cool rocky island.

Low tide means oodles of seashells. I felt like a little kid collecting all the whole ones. I wanted a pail to carry them home in, but alas. I only kept the teeny nickle-sized sand dollar.

A "wicked Whoppie" which was featured on Rachel Ray and Oprah. They are yummy, but too big for one person. I had 2 bites left and started feeling a little too whoopied out! So I didn't finish it. Who knew this was a Maine (or North-Eastern) special?




A real-live Blue lobster. It's being sent to an aquarium soon. It's one in 2-5 million. Amazing. Mom & Darrell have had lobster for almost every meal since we've been here. I just watch and tease "Lobster killer! Lobster killer!" while eating things like black bean and sweet potato quesadillas, corn chowder, and Thai veggie wraps (not that I'm a vegetarian...just not into seafood).

2 comments:

The Monson Family said...

You lucky girl! I have always wanted to visit Maine! It looks beautiful. I have to tell you though, I'm not a sea food lover, but lobster is SO amazing. (Have you ever tried it?)

Jillian said...

How fun! Cool to see there is a "Bath" city in Maine too. I went to the Roman city one in England earlier this year. Fun :)