Monday, September 27, 2010

New York, New York and Home Sweet Home

New York City was quite different this time around. Last time we went, it was cold and snowy and the bustle of Christmas was all around. This time, it was hot and humid, the trees were full of green leaves, and there was a different type of bustle all around. Oh, and we had our Little Sir in our arms, instead of in my belly.

(The lights from the buildings in Columbus Circle looked way better than this photo shows.)
I enjoy traveling. But no matter how much fun I'm having out of town, I always look forward to coming home and no longer living out of a suitcase.

This trip to Maine and short hello to NYC was great--and Winston did so well, considering he didn't get to sleep in his own bed at predictable times. And he was absolutely perfect on the flight home. When our flight landed in Salt Lake yesterday, Winston started waving goodbye to everyone on the plane and in the airport. I think he understood we were home. As we drove down the street towards our house, he perked up and said, "eh?" as if he were saying, "I recognize this place. Are we really almost home?"

We visited our friends in Manhattan over the weekend, "on our way home" from Portland. They have a little one just 2 months older than Winston. They were so fun to watch together. We mostly relaxed, visited, and had our boys play with each other.
Paolo & Winston at Samsung.

We let them run around in Central Park, in Columbus Circle, and a fun little play ground in Union Square.




Poking Paolo's ear on the subway.

Winston didn't really like the subway much and was tricky to entertain, compared to the airplane rides.


It's like they've been friends forever. Look how cute they are together.
We enjoyed our trip, but we're happy to be home. 

No comments: