Our last trip to NYC in December of 2008, our friends Neibaur and Leila took us to Fishs Eddy which is a one-of-a-kind dishes store just down the street from the Flatiron building not far from Union Square. I loved the store and have thought about it numerous times since our first visit. (I didn't even think to look for their website until I was at the store and saw their business cards.)
Fishs Eddy has some unique dish and linen designs, including some with the Brooklyn Bridge and the New York skyline, and even some with floorplans.
I perused the busy store looking for something unique for our new home. This is what we decided to buy.
Isn't it fun? Luckily, it's made of melamine, which didn't add much to our luggage weight.
They have some fun--and very funny--stuff. Check out this small tray that is printed like a parking ticket. Quirky for sure, but hilarious!
Next time you need a gift for someone, check out this store--there might be something charmingly bizarre and peculiarly perfect.
1 comment:
So cute and fun! I hope you use it at all kinds of parties and things and always tell the stories of your New York adventures. I love souvenirs that actually do something, not just collect dust.
Post a Comment