Friday, September 17, 2010

On Our Way Out

Thanks for all your ideas on entertaining Winston while flying to Maine. My 2 carry-ons (small suitcase and backpack) are full of new cheap toys, munchies he rarely gets at home, changes of clothing (for both me and W.), diapers galore, and empty water bottles to fill after going through security.

Am I the only paranoid mother? I keep thinking, "what if we get stuck on the runway for hours like that plane a few months ago? I need to have plenty of food, diapers and water."

At least there's room in our luggage.

Hopefully I'll be posting some of the beauty and our experiences in Maine frequently during the next week.

Until then, enjoy this cute little dude, soaking up the wonderful autumn weather in our still-unfinshed yard while he can.



PS Winston finally decided last week that he really can walk all by himself. It's totally awesome (and totally about time).

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You are NOT the only paranoid mother. You are so smart to be prepared!

The last thing... try to have him get up and walk up and down the aisle a few times during the flight. And at the airport? Let him run around!

Merrilee said...

What a cutie! We loved having him over this week. My boys were really unhappy they had to go to school. I hope you are having a fun time and the flight went ok. Of course you still have to survive the flight home too. That's usually the worst one!

Jillian said...

Definitely not paranoid--very wise. Good work on the empty water bottles. I forgot to mention that one, but it does help tons! Have fun!