Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yes, There Are Things We Miss About Duchesne

Namely:
  • Short lines (and friendly faces & conversations) at the post office.
  • Walking every where we needed to go (church, grocery store, post office, library, & work).
  • The simplicity of life--not having to go so many places at once.
  • Fresh eggs & milk from our neighbors' chickens & cow (fresh is always so much tastier).
  • Being acknowledged with a wave and a smile when a car drives by or when walking by another. Even if you don't know them. Or see them. (Just ask Kalvin how many times he waved and I didn't wave back. Can you blame me? He has tinted windows and doesn't wave until after he's passed me.)
  • How connected everyone is--there really is a sense of community there. (It feels like everyone is family...oh wait--they are! And it's a good thing.)
  • Our friends and coworkers. There are so many people we hope to keep in contact with. We are grateful for their friendship--we miss them!

1 comment:

Susan Brown said...

I just haven't kept up. You are now in Murray. I finally read your blog after many months because I got the job announcement for Duchsene (sp) county 4-H agent. A little surprise. They are also looking for agents in Uintah and Sevier Counties.

Well Winston is just a little cutie! Sounds like a good deal that Sam got a teaching job and that you are able to work part time with SLCounty extension. You guys look really happy. Glad to see it.

My research methods written comp is on October 2. Then it will be the oral exam two weeks later and then dissertation time. With the economy the way it is, maybe I should apply for an extension job! Anyway good to catch up on your blog.

Susan