This, my friends, is a photo of our opened window. And though you cannot see it, there is warm air coming through it, and greening grass outside. On a beautiful, sun-filled walk I even saw tulips and daffodils in full bloom!
I think I'll take a gander and say a final "farewell" to Winter (my fingers are crossed). (And no smirking, my dear friends Amanda, Rachel, and Aubrey, who have been enjoying some southern sun for weeks now. I know, deep down inside, you miss Utah's Spring weather!)
Dear Winter,
I enjoy when you come at the end of Autumn, but you have a tendency to stay too long.
My excitement for you to come reminds me of going to a friend's or family member's home to stay for a vacation. But after being there for days, I am ready to go back to my own home. This is how I feel about you--I'm ready to leave you (errr, rather, for you to leave me).
But do, please, come again. Bring with you lots of snow, though, or you are not so fun to bear. And I must, I suppose, say thank you for the final snow storm on Monday evening. Those huge flakes frolicking madly in the dark windy night was a gorgeous way to take your leave.
Please don't take offense, Old Man Winter, for I do truly enjoy you (from November to early March). And don't get jealous of Summer--as a secret between you and me, I prefer you over any hot-hot Summer day.
Expecting you again in mid-November,
Melanie
1 comment:
I am enjoying the nice Spring weather now, but from what I've heard, the summer here isn't going to be so nice. Hot and humid. (I'm sure I'll miss the snow then, but for now, I'm soaking up the Spring sun!)
Post a Comment