I generally purchase all generic brands, because they are cheaper and I don't notice a difference in quality or taste or whatever.
I am, however, faithful to a few more-expensive brand-name items, because they have proved themselves worthy of the higher expense. For example:
- Gap jeans. Every time I don't buy them and opt instead for something different, I regret it. They fit me much better and they last forever. I heart Gap jeans.
- Mary Kay foundation and powder. I don't feel this guck on my face, and I don't see it either, because it blends in so well to my facial coloring. I can't say that about other foundations and powders--more or less expensive.
- Bath and Body Works anti-bac soap. I actually don't buy this because of the anti-bac properties (in fact, I wish it had non-anti-bac options), but this soap is the best. Especially since they re-formulated it and now it is super silky smooth and leaves you with the softest skin ever. I stock up every semi-annual sale, so I get it for about $2 a bottle.
-Running/exercise/hiking shoes. These have got to be good quality--nike, asics, saucony.
That's about it. Everything else I opt for whatever is cheaper, and that's usually the generic stuff. Diapers, food, whatever. But this past week I have been suffering much due to one particular generic product (blurring photo, I know, but it doesn't deserve anything better, anyway).
This truly is the evil from which generics get a bad reputation.
I was on my way out of the facial lotion aisle with some Cetaphil moisturizer when I noticed this much cheaper generic stuff that is supposed to be like Oil of O'lay or something. It was $3 cheaper, so I opted for it.
Biggest. Mistake. Ever.
And not that I don't like Up & Up (Target's new generic brand), but this one reeks of being super ineffective. It leaves my face even more dry than before.
So, just as a warning, don't buy Up & Up facial moisturizer, k?
2 comments:
I'm with you there...I normally go for generics, but there are a few things I just have to buy brand names. Cody's particularly fond of Heinz ketchup. I will only eat Yoplait yogurt (the time I went with Mountain Dairy I was sorely disappointed. It was way sour and separated and curdled within days. grr.)
I'm jealous that you have a Target! The Target here is about 1 1/2 hr away. But I do agree with the generic brands as well. Somehow the Huggies diapers are the only ones that work for Jake. I've tried the other brands, and they just don't work. Sometimes it's worth the extra mula!
Post a Comment