I mentioned I've come to a few conclusions. Here's the next.
2. Go with what I really want.
I had almost talked myself into painting a green in the main entry/living room/hall areas, but I really (deep down inside) wanted a softer, cooler, turquoise.
I had a "color consultation" with one of my best friends and old roommate Jessica (thanks, again, Jess!!), who not only knows me really well, but has great taste when it comes to art, style and decor. She had some great ideas and insights that I hadn't yet discovered (like how the yellow-ish countertops probably would clash with most yellow paints in the kitchen).
After going through ideas with her, we decided that the turquoise really could be a neutral color--it goes with everything--browns, blacks, whites, yellows, greens, reds. I was holding back on that color because I didn't think it went well with the couches we have, and I thought I'd re-paint in a few years when I bought furniture that would go with that color. BUT, we're going to go with what I really want now. Besides, some toss pillows I found a little while back will help tie that color in, as well a newly purchased rug that I may be getting.
2. Go with what I really want.
I had almost talked myself into painting a green in the main entry/living room/hall areas, but I really (deep down inside) wanted a softer, cooler, turquoise.
I had a "color consultation" with one of my best friends and old roommate Jessica (thanks, again, Jess!!), who not only knows me really well, but has great taste when it comes to art, style and decor. She had some great ideas and insights that I hadn't yet discovered (like how the yellow-ish countertops probably would clash with most yellow paints in the kitchen).
After going through ideas with her, we decided that the turquoise really could be a neutral color--it goes with everything--browns, blacks, whites, yellows, greens, reds. I was holding back on that color because I didn't think it went well with the couches we have, and I thought I'd re-paint in a few years when I bought furniture that would go with that color. BUT, we're going to go with what I really want now. Besides, some toss pillows I found a little while back will help tie that color in, as well a newly purchased rug that I may be getting.
The color we chose is flattering on all complexion types--have you ever seen anyone who didn't look good wearing a color like this?
(this isn't quite the color of our paint, but close)
Men or women--redheads, brunettes, blonds, etc.
They all look great in this color.
So, I'm sold on it. We'll see how it looks soon. Things are really coming along. Wahoo!

3 comments:
Mel! I LOVE that color. I would paint my whole house that color in a heartbeat!!! I honestly went to Lowe's today with Bryce's aunt and we got three sample shades of turquoise to paint her family room. IT IS SO PRETTY! It's the color of my new couch too! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see it!
I'm REALLY excited for your color choices. I think it will be beautiful and unqiue.
Yay! I made it into a post! I'm famous. :)
I'm excited to see what it turns out like too!
Post a Comment