Yesterday was a freezing cold day. Bitter cold with a nasty, artic-like windchill. Very reminicisent of the freezing cold days in Logan and the Uintah Basin. Buuurrrrrr!
On such cold winter mornings, I love a good, hot, hearty breakfast. I discovered this recipe in the Rachael Ray cookbook we were gifted at our wedding. I have never used the book, but this recipe sounded perfect for this winter; it's called Cold Morning Oatmeal (on page 48 of Cooking 'Round the Clock).
The oatmeal is cooked in apple juice and water, with grated apples and craisins. Then you top it with walnuts and maple syrup.
Mmmm, nnnmmmm! It's good stuff! Sam doesn't care much for it, but Winston and I guzzle it down, wholeheartedly!
Hope you all are enjoying hot food to warm your body and homes this cold week!
1 comment:
Ooh, that sounds + looks good. If only we had some apple juice around here....
Post a Comment