Monday, February 28, 2011

Month of Love: The End

I love winter. Well...maybe I should rephrase that. I love snow. I love the quiet and peace that freshly-fallen snow brings. I love how fresh and clean everything looks--especially the air--after a good snow storm. I also love the cold, and the sweaters, scarves, coats, and boots that come along with it.

But this winter, with a little toddler who adores the outdoors, hasn't been as awesome as I remember. 

Fortunately, this past weekend, we got a beautiful snowfall and made one last snowman. 


The next day it was 3/4 the way down to the ground, in a yoga-like pose.  Now it is smothered on the lawn, a reminder to me that winter's beauty and power has an end.

And so does the Month of Love posts. Hooray! I enjoyed sharing little tidbits of things I love, though I tired of doing so on a daily basis. I'm not one who is acutely passionate about things, so it was a good exercise to think about what things I really love and enjoy. 

And of course, some of the most important things I didn't even mention--like my family (with all their personalities and quirks), friends (near, far, old, new), and other important things.

I think I'm blogged out for a little while.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

What a trooper! Very proud of you for writing (and opening up!) so much. It's hard to do at times, but surprisingly fun to see what comes out at other times. I actually did something like that last February too, so I hear ya on the being blogged out thing too. It's good though. Thanks for sharing! You have a way with words that brightens the day :)

Jessica said...

That was fun! It was fun reading about the things I totally know about you, and the things I had no idea about. :) Thanks for sharing!

Jess said...

I am a winter person also- but you're right, it's not as much fun with kids. The hardest thing with 3 kids is trying to carry all of our coats at the library! :) I so enjoy reading your blogs!!!