Saturday, February 5, 2011

Month of Love: A Clean House Loves Me

I love having a clean house. And since it happens more frequently when the stress level is low in my life, I think the house likes me, too, when it's clean.

I'm always looking for ways to reduce the presence or look of clutter. After boxing away the Christmas tree and decor, I moved our living room furniture around a few times trying to find a better way to make it look more open, more balanced, and less clutter-full.

The solution was the empty bookshelf that was hanging out in the spare room downstairs. I brought it up and re-sorted some of the baskets from Winston's changing table and viola! I had a place to put the clutter that usually just planted itself on the kitchen table. Things like the iPod cords, laptop charger cords, books we're currently reading, and other odds and ends.


I also love a clean (meaning empty) kitchen sink. After almost 6 years of marriage, Sam has gotten used to my complaining about dirty dishes filled with water sitting in the sink. Rinse, scrub, and place in dishwasher (or on counter if dishwasher is full or clean).

I love my (usually, though not ALWAYS, of course) clean house.

No comments: