Facebook has its perks, but I've always been one who wants to know "the rest of the story." And that's why I love blogging.
When it comes to events and history, I want to know the individual stories. Like after September 11th, 2001, I couldn't get enough detailed stories from survivors and from families of those killed. I wanted to know specifics, like where they worked, why they happened to survive or avoid work that day, and how they escaped. Same with Hurricane Katrina and the earthquake in Haiti, and other events.
When I read a status update on facebook, I often want to hear more. Not always, but often. Blogging is awesome because I can read more of what's going on. And sometimes that is in a very artful, clever way. I enjoy reading the details of my friend's labor and delivery of their little baby, or of their experience with a certain recipe, the crazy snow and weather in their area, or even just something funny that happened.
Of course reading blogs and blogging are different things, but I do enjoy both. I like telling my end of the story, as well.
2 comments:
I agree. Blogging and reading blogs is much better than reading a random comment on Facebook with no explanation.
I couldn't agree more! I enjoy your stories/posts, and watching you grow up. Not that I am much older, but you are my LITTLE sister's friend! :)
You are very entertaining and creative. There are many times I think I should be more like Mel! I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment